Established in 1964, the Arabian Drilling Company (ADC) is a limited liability partnership between the Industrialization & Energy Services Company (TAQA), which owns 51%, a Saudi Joint Stock company and Services Petroliers Schlumberger S.A., a global leader in oilfield services which owns the remaining 49%.


Established in 1964, the Arabian Drilling Company (ADC) is a limited liability partnership between the Industrialization & Energy Services Company (TAQA), which owns 51%, a Saudi Joint Stock company and Services Petroliers Schlumberger S.A., a global leader in oilfield services which owns the remaining 49%. ADC has operated onshore and offshore drilling rigs in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Partitioned Zone with Kuwait, and in the past, in Yemen & UAE. Drilling services are backed by more than fifty years of operational experience and a history of innovation that has brought tremendous safety and efficiency gains to the drilling process. ADC has 37 drilling rigs throughout Saudi Arabia.


  • ADC is the largest drilling company in Saudi Arabia. It has a huge consumption of different type of gloves, and especially, impact gloves. When the Ansell Guardian® team met with ADC’s HSE Manager for the first time, it was said that ADC was facing an issue on quality for their impact gloves and had very limited knowledge about other types of protection needed for each rig.
  • Ansell explained to HSE management how relevant Ansell Guardian® expertise could be regarding safety hand protection and highlighted the benefit of the Guardian Risk Assessment.
  • Ansell had actively engaged with ADC HSE management on Ansell Guardian® assessment and succeeded to schedule a first Guardian test on one onshore drilling rig. This first assessment was totally successful and enabled the performance of three more assessments over the next three months.


• Enhance the quality of its existing glove solution.

• Standardize safety gloves for each application.

• Provide better cost control on safety expenses.

• Reduce employee complaints that the existing impact gloves were not durable for heavy duty jobs.

• Ensure that Ansell could offer a better offer (quality-durability-comfort), standardize 5 gloves for each application and save 20% on current safety gloves costs.


• Following several meetings and presentations to top managers at ADC’s head office in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Ansell was invited to undertake the Ansell Guardian® assessment on four different on-shore rigs as a key tool to assist in the overall safety improvement program.

• Following the success of the first Guardian assessment, ADC requested Ansell to conduct more assessments across Saudi Arabia on different types of rigs (oil-based mud and water-based mud).

• The Ansell team spent a total of four full days conducting audits on four different on-shore drilling rigs in September and November 2015.

• The recommendations were presented to a larger audience of ADC’s management from various functions in September 2015.

• ADC management appreciated the expertise provided through the Guardian assessments.

• Product trials followed in October 2015 and five Ansell products, HyFlex® 11-840, ActivArmr® 97-120, Activ Armr® 46-551, AlphaTec® 58-535W and WorkGuard™ 43-216, were approved by ADC crews and then by ADC HSE management.

• The implementation phase incorporated discussions with ADC Safety and Procurement functions to accurately reject phasing and sizing split, further strengthening the Ansell end user relationship and thus neutralizing the distributor’s influence.


• Strengthened end user relationship at all levels within ADC due to senior level engagement and overcoming a challenging distribution network through the utilization of Guardian. Ansell has now become the first point of contact for the end user.

• Improved safety standards and enhanced protection to workers, with the aim of improving their cost control.

• As part of the product rollout, Ansell has also provided an after-sales training to all 37 rigs throughout Saudi Arabia. Videos and posters will be provided for ADC exclusive use to enhance knowledge about hand protection. This educational component is truly appreciated by ADC and makes Ansell a unique safety partner.

• 5,270 SKUs reduced from previous year’s consumption, resulting in a savings for Schlumberger of $115,000.

• Number of vendors reduced: 5.

• Number of injuries reduced since Ansell Guardian® implementation in September 2015: 2.

Previously featured on Ansell's website.

Talk to Us!

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ansell is a global supplier of personal protection (PPE) equipment solutions designed for workers in a wide range of industries. Ansell's customers include businesses engaged in the Manufacturing, Agriculture, Healthcare and Scientific sectors, as well as many other business sectors. Ansell has developed a global presence that includes sales, operations and manufacturing sites in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia and employs more than 15,000 people worldwide. Ansell's position as a market leader has evolved over more than 100 years of history and can be attributed to our history of providing innovative protection solutions to workers through a deep understanding of the worker experience.

Browse Products from Ansell

More on Real-Life Stories

Kibbetech in Newbury Park, CA specializes in off-road welding, CNC machining and CAD design.

Some of the most prevalent workplace hazards aren’t seen – they’re heard. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) reports that 22 million U.S. workers are exposed to damaging noise levels at work, and according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), workplace-related hearing loss is the most commonly reported injury.

Confined spaces are areas large enough for a worker to enter and perform work, have a limited or restricted means of entry or exit; and are not designed for continuous employee occupancy.

Signing into Better MRO is easy. Use your username / password, or register to create an account. We’ll bring you back here as soon as you’re done.

Redirecting you in 5 seconds