ANSI 107-2010 High Visibility
Safety Apparel Technical Information
When your work involves exposure to the hazards of low visibility, the ANSI standard 107-2010 should be your first point of reference for safeguarding yourself and others. It is the intention of these Performance Class Guidelines and Scenarios to serve as an assessment tool only. Certain specific conditions such as atmospherics, sight/stop-distances, training regulations etc., must be taken into account in any final hazard/safety assessment.
Suggested Performance Class 1 typically, or class 2 under certain conditions for occupational activities where:
- Permit full and undivided attention to approaching traffic.
- Provide ample separation on pedestrian workers.
- Permit great degree of visibility of the worker.
- Speed of vehicle not in excess of 25 mph.
For parking service attendants, warehouse workers w/equipment traffic, shopping cart retrievers and sidewalk maintenance workers.
Suggested Performance Class 2 typically or class 3 under certain conditions for occupational activities where:
- Greater visibility is required due to inclement weather conditions.
- A complex background distracts from the worker′s visibility.
- The worker is performing a task that distracts attention away from oncoming traffic.
- Speeds exceed those in Scenario A.
- Work activities take place in closer proximity to vehicle traffic.
For railway workers, school crossing guards, parking and toll gate personnel, airport ground crew and law enforcement personnel.
Suggested Performance Class 3 typically for occupational activities where:
- Workers are exposed to significantly higher vehicle speeds and/or reduced sight distances.
- The worker and vehicle operator have high task loads, clearly placing the worker in danger.
- The wearer must be conspicuous through the full range of body motions at a minimum of 390m (1,280 feet), and must be identifiable as a person.
Primarily for (but not limited to) roadway construction workers, emergency teams and firefighters and survey crews.
Please enter a search value